Sunday, April 15, 2007

April Snow Showers...

I was returning from my yoga class this morning... When I left earleir, there was some light rain, but an hour and a half later tiny pieces of hail. I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some milk and produce. When I came out of the grocery store pea sized pieces of hail bounced off my head and body. I ran into my car and started heading home when the kumquat size pieces of hail pounded on my cars windshield.

This was the middle of April, April 15th, spring in thr northeast, when the crocus and daffodil bulbs sprout and start bringing color to our yards and homes. No such luck.

Whatever you want to call it, global warming, el nino, whatever else, fact remains that the weather is pretty darned bizzarre. My husband, son and I are raring to get out and enjoy the spring weather. My 3 year old son has been refusing to wear warm weather clothes for the last couple of weeks. He only wears short sleeve Madras shirts and summer t-shirts. He is rather upset that he is not able to go out and play in his sandbox. All the kids in teh neighborhood are gettign stir crazy. It is spring vacation week and everyone is cooped up inside thanks to the nor-easter that is pounding the east coast.

Time for the weather to warm up.... We are all waiting for the April Snow Showers to cease and bring us some spring weather!

No comments: